Tube Council News
TUbe Council 2014 Winter ConferenceThe Tube Council 2014 Winter Conference was held at the Embassy suites in Anaheim CA, Monday and Tuesday Feb 10& 11, 2014
The Tube Council, Winter Conference 2014, was held at the Embassy Suites, Anaheim, CA, and Monday - Tuesday, Feb 10 & 11, 2014. Event was well attended, informative and productive. We had a great line up of meetings, member presentations, & guest speakers. Including,
Company presenting Presenter Topic___________________
- AISA Automation Bernard Regamey Aisa Automation as a resource.
- DNP AMERICA LLC Sean Wantanabe & Harli Borg. DNP as a supplier of Laminate Web Materials.
- Pack Sys Global Vasko Naumovski “Tubes, the preferred package of choice”
- Polytype America Jason Turner & Hurbert Rawyler. Technology & flexibility meeting needs of the marketplace.
- UBM Publications Daphne Allen, UBM. Tube News, as a TC partner. Overview and update.
- Joe Pack, Murphy Business & Financial Corporation, email@example.com /M: 214-498-4706. Guest speaker at our Awards dinner. Topic, Dynamic Organizations. Importance of and keys to building one.
Our “Tube or the Year” 2013 awards dinner provided us the opportunity to recognize and honor our members, customers and suppliers creativity, innovation & their noteworthy contributions to our industry. Award recipients, by category, included, winners (W) & Runner ups (R/U),
Category Status Product offering Tube Manufactured by
Best Personal Care (W) Vita Bath Viva Healthcare
(R/U) Mitch Stone Plastube
Best Pharmaceutical (W) Equate Acne Cleansing Wash Essel Propack
(R/U) REXALL Lubricating Jelly EsselPropack
Best Dentrific (W) Peak Enterprises, TUNG Gel, Japanese version Viva Healthcare
(R/U) Tom’s of Maine, Silly Strawberry Essel Propack
Household & Industrial (W) Polyfilla Plastube
(R/U) Pematex, Ultra Slick Plastube
Best Food (W) French’s, Flavor Infusor Berry Plastics
Best Innovative Process (W) Metallic Rose, Flexo/silk screening on HS foil. Polytype America
The Ted Klein, “Tube of the Year” Award, was presented to Viva Healthcare for the Peak Enterprises, TUNG Gel, Japanese version, submission. Michael Hoard, Tube Council President, representing Albea of the Americas, presented individual “tube of the Year” awards to,
- Bruno Lebeault, Director of Marketing, Viva Healthcare
- Jose Mathieu, President, Plastube
- Ted Sojourner, Vice President, Essel Propack
- Steve Canfield & Daphne Allen, accepting for Berry Plastics
Our winter conference coincided with West Pack 2014, packaging exhibition & conference held at the Anaheim Convention Center, Anaheim, CA., Tuesday – Thursday, February 11 – 13, 2014, We hosted a booth (5708) for duration of the event, providing a platform promoting squeeze tubes as the “Package of Choice” in the marketplace and providing our members greater exposure to a large West coast audience.
- Participation gave us the opportunity to show off new free standing banners reflecting our member’s corporate logos.
- Hand out Tube Council brochures, produced with assist from Matt Williams @ Dixie Graphics.
- Opportunity for the Tube Council to get the word out, providing speakers at,
- Learning labs event, Steve Canfield
- Tech theater event , Bruno Lebeault & Ted Sojourner
Thank you for volunteering! We appreciate member companies who provided volunteers to help staff the booth. We are making every effort to promote the Tube Council and our members in the marketplace and we appreciate your continued support! We are working to expand our presence at more UBM shows and also evaluating participation in other industry exhibitions and relevant venues. Again, thank you for your support in making this a well attended, informative & productive Winter Conference. Look forward to visiting with each of you at our next event.
Steve Canfield, Executive Secretary & Treasurer