Hello Tube Council Member(s), February 6, 2023
Calendar year 2022 is now history. The new year, brings with it several challenges & opportunities impacting manufacturers and our customer base on several levels, including political & environmental, as well as domestic and global scale issues. Mandates regarding plastics and packaging and eco-sustainability are looming as 2025 approaches.
We ended Calendar year 2022 on a positive note adding two (2) members to our organization. We hosted a successful Membership Conference as well as many accomplishments noted below.
Recruitment. We welcomed new associate members during 2022.
Aptar Home + Beauty, www.Aptar.com represented by David Driesse, Key Account Manager
Stora Enso, www.Storaenso.com represented by Lawrence Adams. Director of Key Accounts
Scholarship Initiative. Ms. Annaliese Brannon. selected as the recipient of The Tube Council’s first annual scholarship award. Congratulations on a job well done! We encourage all members to get the word out to your team and HR departments regarding our educational scholarship program.
Luxepack NY 2022 Education Session. June 15, 2022 We partnered with the Luxepack team. Relationship provides a platform at this important trade show for the Tube Council.
Our topic; Tubes for luxury applications. “A Global perspective of sustainability inspired changes in materials and technology “was well attended and feedback was positive with Luxepack interested in the Tube Council playing a larger role at this event going forward!Thank Stephane Beauchemin , Stan Labeyrie @ Packsys Global and Jennifer Boada Rodriguez for rounding out our panel of speakers. Appreciate the time and effort spent on this important presentation.
Zoom presentations have been informative and well attended during 2022. Our plan for 2023 is to continue offering quality presentations in the future. If you have a topic of interest or a speaker in mind let us know.
❖ Packaging Journalist Roundtable Discussion, March 31, 2022. Stephane Beauchemin, Tube Council President, and Vice President of Sales & Marketing at Plastube moderated our presentation.
- Lisa McTigue Pierce is Executive Editor of Packaging Digest. She has been a packaging media journalist since 1982 and tracks emerging trends, new technologies, and best practices across a spectrum of markets for the publication’s global community.
- Jim Chrzan is VP Content and Brand Development for PMMI Media Group, publishers of PACKAGING WORLD and HEALTHCARE PACKAGING. Jim has many years’ experience traveling the U.S. and Europe speaking about and covering sustainability, cannabis packaging, and automation, etc.
❖ Stina Inc. Plastic Tube Recycling. Complimentary Projects in North America & Europe. Stacey Luddy provided an update on their initiatives and efforts to improve opportunities for squeeze tubes to be collected and recycled.
Membership Conference. Gallaghers Steak House, New York City, June 14, 2022. We had a total of forty- one members attending the event in person (26 Manufacturing Members & 15 Associate Member’s) and fifty (50) in total when including the members attending remotely. This is an increase of 16% versus 2021!
Thank You also to our Sponsors for funding conference related activities. Many thanks to three (3) of our members for stepping up with financial support for our event! Contributors included,
Aisa Automation. Reception & Cocktail Hour $1,000.00. Joachim Sander & Bernard Regamey
Kaufman Container Event related costs – $500.00. Theresa Melick & the Kaufman team
Technoshell Pvt. Ltd. Conference Memento RDFI Wallet $1,500.00 Abbas Aboojiwala & company.
Membership Conference Presenters. We Thank our presenters for sharing their latest products and innovations with us. We have copies of their presentations available /archived.
Giflor Closure Technologies
Packsys Global, Brueckner Group
Board of Directors for 2022/2023.
- Stephane Beauchemin, President. Plastube
- Michael Hoard, Vice President. Albea America’s.
- Steven Mac Phail, Vice President. Montebello Packaging.
- Doug Jackson, Director # 1. Albea Americas.
- Bruno LeBeault, Director#2 Viva Injection Molded Tube (Former TC President).
- Robert Randall, Director-Associate#1. Silgan Dispensing.
- Thomas Lefevre, Director-Associate#2 Packsys Global.
Review our Group Initiatives for 2022 – 2023.
- Box Standardization. Thomas LeFevre advising that various tube makers and the ETMA are working on a project to standardize box sizes for tubes in Europe. Based on Thomas’s experience It is rare that I talk with a tube maker who says that they have less than 100 box sizes that they are using. We see a big push towards end of line automation, e.g. box making, labeling, palletizing, etc., due to lack of labor but it quickly gets super complicated when every customer has their own special box dimensions.
- Tube Recycling. Implications & opportunities. Our goal at this point is to show that tubes are making steady progress and to indicate when most tubes on the US market will be designed for recycling.
STINA. Inquired of our manufacturing members producing or using “recycle ready” tubes, to provide details on their efforts to date. Industry-wide information is ESSENTIAL to help reclaimers move forward with their widespread acceptance of tubes in bales they purchase. More details to be shared with the Manufacturing Members soon.
Tube of the Year 2022 Competition. Entries submitted by February 3, 2023 will be judged and. official results will be announced at our Membership Conference and Awards Dinner, Tuesday May 9, 2023. You may recall we moved the date to add element of excitement to our Awards ceremony.
Membership Conferences & Events. Activities & events for 2023 include,
- May 09, 2023 – Annual Membership Conference and Tube of the Year 2022 Awards Dinner.
- May 10- 11, 20233 – Luxe Pack NY Jacob Javits Convention Center
Annual activity calendar. Calendar showing the Tube Council monthly activities is available If you have an event, topic or initiative you wish to include on our calendar please contact Steve Canfield.
The objective is for the board members to add what they believe would add value for our members. Each board member will also be invited to take ownership of one project.
We value you as members and appreciate your continued support. Please contact Steve Canfield with inquires and requests at Mobile: 434-851-7734 or email@example.com.
Stephane Beauchemin President
The Tube Council NA