We conducted our Annual Membership Conference and formally presented Award Winners for our 2021 competition, June 14, 2022 at Gallagher’s Steakhouse in New York City.
Happy to report we our event was well attended The majority of our member companies were represented. Forty two (42) individuals attending our conference, reception and Tube of the Year 2021 Awards Dinner.
We continue to grow, introducing two (2) new associate members, Aptar Beauty + Home and Stora Enso to our membership.
We thank the following members for their generous contributions supporting our event. Abbas Aboojiwala @ Technoshell Automatons Pvt. Team. Joachim Sander, Bernard Regamey and the Asia Automation team. as well as Theresa Melick and the team at Kaufman Container.
Last but not least we thank our associate members for making their presentations. Asia Automation, Giflor Closure Solutions, Packsys Global, Huhtamaki, Technoshell Automations Pvt. And Cerulean. Our members are supporting sustainability initiatives that are moving our industry in a new and exciting direction. Their presentations were quite remarkable.
Luxepack NY. June 15, 2022. We wish to thank Jennifer Boada Rodriguez @ Colgate – Palmolive for serving as guest speaker at our conference June 14th and doing double duty serving as one of our panelists for our Tube council presentation at Luxepack June 15th. Also a Big Thank You is in order for Stan Labeyrie, Director, Premium Cosmetics @ Packsys Global and Stephane Beauchemin, Tube council NA President, and Vice President of Sales @ Plastube for rounding out our panel.
Tube of the Year 2021 Competition..
Congratulations to our Tube of the Year Award Winners for 2021! The results are in, and we are excited to announce winners by category for our annual competition. Our event provides a platform for members to show case the best and most innovative squeeze tubes in our industry by market category.
Entries are evaluated by a panel of judges composed of representatives from major consumer products companies and industry professionals, as noted below.
Every year we acknowledge one (1) squeeze tube that stands apart from the rest of the field as recipient of our “Ted Klein Tube of the Year Award” for Best in Show!
Congratulations go out to Albea Americas Inc. receiving this year’s honor and well-deserved recognition for their submission, “Origins Clear Improvement.”
Winning entries selected for “BEST in CATEGORIES” included, personal care, pharmaceutical, dentifrice, sustainability and Innovative component or process. Historically extruded plastic tubes made up the lion’s share of submissions. Interestingly we received submissions for aluminum, extruded plastic, injection plastic and laminate tubes, in addition, the sustainable category is outpacing consumer products for most submissions reflecting customers efforts to find sustainable packages for their products.
We are always looking to the future and the next significant product or process. Best innovative component or process category for new designs & technologies as such advances are key to our future success!
Award for 2021 “Best in Show”,
- Ted Klein Tube of the Year Award. “Origins Clear Improvement.” Manufactured by Albea Americas Inc.
Awards for Best in “Category” (Gold Award) by Product Name and Squeeze Tube Manufacturer
- Best Personal Care. Rodan & fields Reverse Spot Treatment. Albea Americas Inc.
- Best Pharma. DivaWash Menstrual Cup Cleanser. Viva IML. Tubes
- Best Dentifrice. Tend Anticavity Toothpaste Enjoymint. Viva IML. Tubes
- Best Sustainable Tube. Origins Clear Improvement. Albea America Inc.
- Best Innovative Component or Process. Taj Mahal Paper Tube. Aisa Automation Industrielle.
Awards for “Category” (Silver Award)by Product Name and Squeeze Tube Manufacturer
- Personal Care. Cetaphil Refreshing Eye Serum. Albea America Inc.
- Pharma. Mountain Ice Sports Recovery Muscle Pain Relief Gel. Viva IML Tubes.
- Dentifrice. Goby Peppermint Toothpaste. Albea Americas Inc.
- Sustainable Tube. Raw Elements Certified Natural Sunscreen Face & Body. Berry Global. (Tie)
- Sustainable Tube. Schwarzkopf IGORA Royal Permanent Color Cream. Alltub -Mexico. (Tie)
- Innovative Component or Process. Just Colors Eco Low Profile Cap. Giflor Closure Technologies.
Awards for “Category” (Bronze Award)by Product Name and Squeeze Tube Manufacturer
- Personal Care. Hempz Sandalwood& Apple Body Scrub. CCL Industries.
- Pharma. Formula 7 The Solution. Viva IML Tubes.
- Dentifrice. HEB Strawberry Fluoride Free Toothpaste. Albea Americas Inc. (Tie)
- Dentifrice. Orajel Kids Anti-Cavity toothpaste naturally fruity bubble. Albea Americas(Tie)
- Sustainable Tube. Thrive Natural Care Inc. CCL Industries.
- Innovative Component or Process. blueloop tube PIR Ecofriendly Cosmetic Tube. Huhtamaki Packaging.
Many thanks to Michael Hoard & Doug Jackson, Albea Americas, for an exemplary job coordinating the substantial number of entries received and hats off to our panel of judges, representing market leaders in our industry, for taking time out of their busy schedules to preside over our annual competition.
Tube of the Year 2021 Judges,
|Hao Lin, Professor & students
|Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, UG Director Packaging Engineer Program.
|Industry Intelligence Inc.
|Lisa McTigue Pierce
|Packaging Digest/Pharmaceutical & Medical Packaging News/UBM
|Beauty Packaging/Rodman Publishing
|Beauty Packaging/Rodman Publishing
For more than seventy (70) years The Tube Council has served as an open forum for member squeeze tube manufacturing companies, our supply base, customers, end users, and educators to discuss and act on industry related topics & initiatives.
Current global Initiatives include package sustainability, promoting green friendly practices reducing waste and minimizing our carbon footprint. We stress the importance of good stewardship of our environment, focusing on the importance of packaging sustainability and design & manufacture of products for recyclability. We are working to identify environmentally friendly materials, processes and establish tube standards,
We thank our members for making our annual Tube of the Year Competition a BIG SUCCESS! Our success is made possible through your participation in events, group initiatives, submissions supporting Tube of the Year, and finally your continued financial support. It is now time to begin submitting your most interesting tubes for our Tube of the Year 2022 competition. Entry forms are located on our website; www.dev.industrialwebworks.net/tube. For more information, please contact me.
The Tube Council NA.