Hello Tube Council Member,
May 4, 2023
We previously announced that Stephane Beauchemin would be stepping down as Tube Council NA His departure creates a vacancy for the Office of President, A special election is scheduled to fill this position during our Membership Meeting, Tuesday, May 9th, The next election of officers is scheduled for midyear 2024, therefore the elected member would fill the position of President for one year.
In compliance with our Bylaws, the role of President must be filled by an individual from a Manufacturing Member company, but any member, including Associate Members, may nominate an individual for the open position. Any Manufacturing Member may also self-nominate his/herself for the role or defer to a colleague at your company to nominate you.
Should you be interested in the role or wish to nominate an individual, please reach out to me. Nominations must be received by Monday, May 4th. Obviously, our timing to prepare for the election is very tight and we want to be sure everyone has an opportunity to nominate as well as cast a vote.
I will share a list of nominees with our membership prior to the election, Tuesday, May 9th. Nominated parties will be given the opportunity to make a short introduction to the membership at the meeting in advance of the election. If a nominee cannot be at the meeting, the person will have two opportunities to make an introduction either virtually through Teams or Zoom or by providing a brief written introduction which can be read to the membership during the meeting.
Currently, we have two nominees for the office of Tube Council NA President,
- Steven MacPhail. Steven is currently Vice President of Manufacturing Members as well as Vice President of Sales & Marketing at Montebello Packaging. Steven has served with distinction in his current position.
- Melanie Rasche. Melanie is the Product Manager, Tubes, and Consumer Packaging NA at Berry Global. She transitioned from Personal Care Bottle Product Manager at Berry Global, accepting her new role in February 2023. Melanie is excited about her new role in Tubes and anxious to support the Tube Council promoting tubes as the package of choice in the marketplace.
In addition, another individual is considering the nomination and I am waiting on their decision.
For the election, each member company, both associate and manufacturing companies, will be afforded one vote. Members not in attendance for the Membership Meeting will be given the opportunity to vote digitally by email. Please send me your nominations before EOB Monday, May 4th.
A special election to fill the office of Tube Council President.Term: Fill One (1) year remaining on Stephane Beauchemin’s term of office,
Election & Nomination guidelines
Tube Manufacturing Members
- Each Tube Manufacturing Member company has one (1) vote to cast on election day.
- Each Tube Manufacturing Member representative may nominate a candidate from their respective company.
- The office of President is only open to a representative from a manufacturing member company.
- If the open seat is filled by another board member who is nominated, we may require an election of another manufacturing member representative to fill the vacant board seat.
- Each associate member Company has one (1) vote to cast on election day,
- Each associate member representative may self-nominate or nominate a candidate from their company.
- Associate members, according to our Bylaws are prohibited from serving as president.
- If, an associate member Director seat becomes available as a result of the Presidential election an associate member could self-nominate or be nominated to fill that position.
Again, please contact me if you have any questions regarding the voting process or the role of the president of the Tube Council. Look forward to seeing you Tuesday, May 9th.
Executive Secretary & Treasurer.
The Tube Council North America